Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Hong Kong

  Hello and welcome to this new blog all about Hong Kong! :) I'm the author of this blog, honeyBerry. I also own a 'life' blog but not important! This is allthingsHongKong. In case you don't know, Hong Kong is an island south east of China. I live there, as well over 7 million peeps. I love it there, and thats why I made this blog: to share with you the wonderful things of Hong Kong.
 
   This blog will focus on all things Hong Kong (hence the name): food, culture, festivals, buildings... I hope you'll have a wonderful time on my blog and hopefully I could bring you to my city for the few minutes you're reading this. I just started this blog, so there won't be a lot of photos just yet. But be patient and there will be eventually! I'll go to the different landmarks of Hong Kong, take photos and just tell you what I love or dislike about it. I'll try the food and all the lovely stuff.

  Hong Kong is an amazing place. It's so full of people, so loads of people could be on a single street. But don't let that think lowly of Hong Kong (and the pollution). It's still a fantastic place. It has some of the most famous street food, malls and street vendors. I absolutely love this city. I might just post daily and post photos of Hong Kong every day from my apartment window. So you could see what its like here. The weather could be really confusing at times, but hey, that's HK!

  There was just a passing typhoon here (like a hurricane), and it was Typhoon 8 (Theres T1, T3, T8 and I think T9 and T10. There was once T12, but that was a long time ago) so yay no school! The system goes like this: T1 and T3, you're good to go. And T8 and above... no school/work. But then two hours after T8, the adults go to work. Of course, the people working in places like supermarkets and malls wouldn't get a day off. Just office and labor workers I think. Tomorrow would be a proper school day. The wind is just so loud here. And it was raining the past few days. The sky's clear now, though.

  Here in Hong Kong, we speak Cantonese, a version of Chinese, quite different from mandarin, but with its similarities. But, most people will also know English. If you're thinking of traveling here and you wonder how helpful people are... Well.. there are a lot of different types of people. Some are really nice. But some will just ignore you or snap at you, then walk away grumbling. But hey, there are nice and grumpy people everywhere! I admit, some people here don't like foreigners, but little do they know that we need them to keep the economy stable and stuff. Because tourists spend quite a lot here.

  Well, I won't go into too much detail about my city here. I'll leave it here and see you tomorrow! :) Ooh, in case you're wondering, Hong Kong time is UTC+8, and I'll probably usually post from 8pm-10pm HK time. It's almost half-past 10 now, so goodnight! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment